If you’ve tried Neal’s Yard Remedy products, you might not have given too much thought to the brand itself. Started in 1981, the company has iconic packaging and is the type of product you can gift across age groups. We can bet that when you’ve been to a spa, some Neal’s Yard items have been either used, or available for sale. But why are they so successful?
We’ve dug out some fun facts on the brand for you.
- The first Neal’s Yard Remedies shop was opened in 1981 by Romy Fraser in Neal’s Yardin Covent Garden selling herbs and homeopathic remedies.
- They now have 40 shops, 64 Therapy Rooms and 400 stockists in the UK.
- Their principle is to sell products that only use ethically sourced ingredients.
- In 2005 Neal’s Yard Remedies head office moved from South London to a new purpose-built eco-factory facility at Peacemarsh, near Gillingham, Dorset.
- By far and away their most successful product is their Frankincense Nourishing Cream selling a mind blowing 12,000 per month worldwide!
- The founder was awarded an OBEin recognition for services to the health and beauty industry
- The company maintains a policy of not using animal testing on ethical grounds, genetically modified organisms and nanoparticles